Everything’s going so batshit that I feel the need to do another shocking, current dystopic headlines round up, for my own sanity and for anybody else who’s paying attention to the collapse of objective reality and/or organised civilisation and/or all life on planet Earth.
Don’t forget there’s good stuff happening too but the scale of the converging shitstorms is quite overwhelming. Look away now if you’re feeling fragile. There’s no shame in practicing self-care when you need to.
Spoiler alert: it’s still pretty much all getting worse.
- Everywhere is either burning, flooding or suffering other ‘natural’ disasters. killing people in unprecedented numbers worldwide. Lethal #ClimateChaos is accelerating, hydrological extremes are escalating. Corporate media and other pillars of power are acclimating people to accept this is an inevitable ‘new normal’. Heatwaves have destroyed so many crops across Europe that farmers have described it as a crisis threatening the availability of #AdequateFood.
- Trump has openly threatened war with Iran who have basically responded with ‘come on then’. The Global Peace Index 2018 found last month that the global level of peace has deteriorated by 0.27% over the last year. This is the fourth successive year of deterioration.
- The smear campaign against lifelong anti-racist and epitome of the struggle for equality of all faiths and none, incumbent PM, Jeremy Corbyn, has reached outrageous proportions. Torygraph churnalist has plumbed new depths of insensitivity and hypocrisy.
- UK Gov. Plc has ‘given fracking the green light’. Tina Louise Rothery, Maple Indie Media and others have been reporting a return to unnecessarily violent corporate policing of peaceful water protectors. ‘Protecting’ Cuadrilla from the peaceful #UnitedResistance has cost the taxperfunded public police at least £7million at Preston New Rd alone.
- The toxic fossil fuel industry and their chums in corporate media have tried and failed to smear anti-fracking activists at Preston New Rd as paedophiles, grooming children. The Torygraph has apparently STILL not yet retracted the pernicious false story, despite the grauniad now having retracted and published a corrected version. #DarkPR
- The #NopeToArms Collective have welcomed the Design Museum’s “small step” ofcommitting ‘not to have any arms, fossil fuels and tobacco corporate hires in the museum for the period of time during which we undertake our review‘ but still intend to remove their work this Thursday.
- Homelessness due to private rented sector evictions in the UK has increased by 600% since 2010. The European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless (FEANTSA) examined rising housing costs for the poorest people in society. It placed the UK second to last.
- A coalition of members of the dental profession, dental charities and homelessness outreach organisations, have responded to that shitty grauniad article where the head of the British Dental Association, Mick Armstrong referred to homeless people as ‘no-hopers’. #NoMoreDeathsOnOurStreets
- The ‘Hostile Environment’ has prevented international acts being able to perform at Womad festival, with some describing the visa process as ‘humiliating’.
- Green Party of England and Wales co-leadership candidate, Jonathan Bartley says the Greens must ramp up non-violent direct action.
- UK Gov. Plc are using children as #SpyCops.
- Rumours are circulating that wikileaks founder Julian Assange is facing imminent extradition to torture land. Simultaneously, the US has suddenly bought up a shitload of Ecuadorian oil, apparently. Assange has become a contentious controversial figure because of the rape allegations which he refutes and more recently for allegations that he colluded with the Trump election campaign.
- Proxy warmongering, death and suffering continuing worldwide, from Palestine to Syria.
There’s more and worse (and better) but that’ll do for now. Understandable confusion and hysteria is already spreading, I don’t want to make it worse. That’s not the point of monitoring and summarising these horrorshows.
It still looks to me like it’s going one of two ways. Utopia or Dystopia. All or nothing. WE can still influence the outcome. Network. Prepare. Do whatever you can. Be kind to yourself and excellent to each other.
If you’re able to stockpile #AdequateFood for yourself (and others), it might be a good idea. I doubt very much that the Tories will share theirs.
- ALL Ann Narkeh Media’s stuff is offered to the internet for FREE, and now WITHOUT ADVERTISING! SUBSCRIBE to get notifications of NEW THINGS.
- If you LIKE it, or think it’s useful, please SHARE it.
- IF YOU’RE ABLE, please consider making a contribution.
The Extinction Symbol represents extinction. It is quite important to raise awareness of the 6th Mass Extinction, particularly as corporate power invests so much pretending that it isn’t really happening…